Interreligious Pilgrimage to Israel and Palestine
January 5 to January 18, 2016
Deadline to register September 20, 2015
Join in a groundbreaking interfaith pilgrimage and dialogue intensive in Israel and Palestine, the birthplace of three religions and two national groups. Be part of a multi-faith group practicing the art of dialogue as we travel through the land, experience one another’s sacred sites and practices, and learn from one another’s reflections. Practice using the same skills of dialogue in considering the multiple national and political perspectives that animate the societies of Palestine and Israel.
With a unique approach that accesses contemporary issues through personal storytelling and relationship-building, the tour features a diverse array of guides and speakers—Israeli and Palestinian, Christian, Jewish, and Muslim, conservative, moderate and progressive. Beginning with the rich religious history of Jerusalem, journeying deep into West Bank villages, and ending in Nazareth, this tour offers you the opportunity to meet local religious leaders, politicians, scholars, peacemakers, and activists, learn about contrasting national narratives, and explore future prospects for justice, security, and peace in the region.
Join us for this unique pilgrimage that explores the sacred places of Judaism, Christianity and Islam and the complex issues facing Palestine and Israel, while practicing the art of dialogue in an extraordinary living laboratory.
The pilgrimage is a for-credit course, meeting the global justice requirement for M.Div. students at United Theological Seminary. It is also open to community participants of all religious backgrounds from Minnesota.
This trip is from January 5 – 18, 2016. Please note there is a mandatory pre-departure dialogue training session in Minnesota on January 4, 2016.
UTS Students must register for this course. Non-UTS students must register for the course here and pay an auditor’s fee of $250.
You can find the textbooks for this course here.
This trip is now waitlisted! If you would like to join this trip, please email Ally Collender ([email protected]), and she will add you to the waitlist. Please also reach out to Ally if you have any questions.
$3,325 per person
- 12 nights lodging at the YMCA Hotel (Jerusalem), Grand Park Hotel (Ramallah), homestays (Bethlehem), and Golden Crown Hotel (Nazareth) or similar accommodations in these locations (double occupancy)
- Private bus and driver for 13 days
- 2 Full-time MEJDI trained guides (1 Israeli and 1 Palestinian) for 13 days
- Group transfers to and from Ben Gurion Airport (if travelers are on the recommended flight)
- 2 Meals per day (as indicated on itinerary)
- All speaker, sites, and entrance fees
- Dedicated customer service representatives in USA and Jerusalem
- Customary tips to drivers, guides, and hotel staff
Trip Does Not Include
- Travel Medical or Cancellation Insurance STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
- Additional meals, snacks, and water bottles
- Single Supplement ($625)
- Anything not explicitly mentioned in included section