Pilgrimage to the Holy Land with East Central Synod of Wisconsin
March 23 to March 31, 2020
Deadline to register November 22, 2019
Join Bishop Gerald Mansholt -and your fellow ECSW Lutherans- for a special synodical group pilgrimage to the Holy Land!
Planned stops include Nazareth, Capernaum, the Sea of Galilee, Jordan River Baptismal Site, Dome of the Rock, Western Wall, Church of the Holy Sepulcher, Mount of Olives, Bethlehem with optional homestay, and more. We’ll also break bread with local religious and community leaders, peace-builders, and community members, including from partner ministries of the Evangelical Church in Jordan and the Holy Land and Lutheran World Federation. And for three days, we’ll experience MEJDI’s UN award winning Dual Narrative touring program, with Israeli and Palestinian guide in dialogue on contested issues and sites.
Click here for a detailed tour itinerary (also located at the bottom of this page).
Optional Post-Trip Extension to Jordan (March 31 – April 3, 2020)
Preferred deadline to register for the extension tour is September 1, 2019.
Want to learn more about MEJDI Tours? Check out this four minute TED talk by the founder of MEJDI in which he outlines the history and philosophy behind the company.
Before you Register:
- Read through the Terms and Conditions
- Do not book your flight until you receive the Tour Confirmation email from us. This tour requires a minimum number of travelers to run and we will send out the Tour Confirmation (and update this note on the webpage) as soon as we have met that number.
- If you are registering for more than one person, please email Shannon Okuonghae ([email protected]) with the following information for each traveler:
- Name (First and Last)
- Email (If they would like to receive pre-trip communication from us)
- Phone Number
- If you are requesting single or double rooms. There is a single room supplement fee of $650 as the tour price is based on double occupancy in a hotel room.
*Pricing varies based on number of participants:
30-34 Paying Participants: $2290 per person
25-29 Paying Participants: $2365 per person
20-24 Paying Participants: $2460 per person
Book Now $2,460* per person
Make A Deposit
To make a deposit and hold your spot on this trip, fill in your credit card details and billing address below. You will receive a receipt by email.
Tour Deposit: $300.00 per person
- 8 nights’ accommodation, double occupancy, at the following hotels or similar: Ruth Daniel (Jaffa), Beatitudes Pilgrim House (Galilee), Holy Land (Jerusalem)
- Private bus transportation and driver
- 1 group arrival and 1 departure airport transfers (transfer times TBD)
- Meals listed in the itinerary: 8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 8 dinners
- 2 MEJDI-Trained Guides (1 Palestinian, 1 Israeli)
- All speakers and entrance fees listed in the itinerary
- Customary tips for guides, drivers, and hotel staff
- Dedicated pre-trip customer service and on-ground support
Trip Does Not Include
- Travel Insurance-HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Single Room Supplement of $650 (limited availability)
- International Airfare
- Individual airport transfers outside of the group transfers
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Anything not explicitly mentioned in the included section