Bosnia and Croatia Tour with Aziz Abu Sarah
$5390 per person
TOUR DATES: July 4 – July 13, 2019
Unlike any other tour to Bosnia & Croatia, our journey to the “Land of Blood and Honey” will introduce you to the unique ecosystem of the Balkan Islands through our extensive network of local experts. Designed by Bosnian photojournalist and TED Fellow, Ziya Gafic, and National Geographic Explorer, Aziz Abu Sarah, this tour is all about meeting the most interesting people leading the most innovative organizations. Gafic and Abu Sarah will lead you through the historical cities of Sarajevo, Mostar, Srebrenica and Dubrovnik while connecting you to religious and cultural activists, storytellers and artists.
On this tour, we will:
- Explore the historical cities of Sarajevo, Mostar, Počitelj, Blagaj and Dubrovnik
- Visit UNESCO Heritage sites
- Visit the town of Srebrenica, site of the first act of genocide on European soil since the Holocaust
- Discover in-depth perspectives of the Bosnian war
- Experience the breadth of Croatian cuisine (According to Anthony Bourdain, Croatia hosts the best pasta dish which takes 12 hours to prepare.)
- Enjoy island exploration with time to relax on the beach
Winston Churchill once said that the Balkans produce more history than the world can digest. Bosnia and Croatia are the heart and soul of the Balkans.
Click HERE for a detailed itinerary.
Questions? E-mail MEJDI at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-349-1554
Before you Register:
- Read through the Terms and Conditions (deposits are non-refundable, unless the tour does not meet the minimum needed to run and is cancelled)
- Do not book your flight until you receive the Tour Confirmation email from us. This tour requires a minimum number of travelers to run and we will send out the Tour Confirmation (and update this note on the webpage) as soon as we have met that number.
- If you are registering for more than one person, please email Shannon Okuonghae (email@example.com) with the following information for each traveler:
- Name (First and Last)
- Email (If they would like to receive pre-trip communication from us)
- Phone Number
- If you are requesting single or double rooms. There is a single room supplement fee of $1,600 as the tour price is based on double occupancy in a hotel room.
Book Now $5390 per person
Make A Deposit
To make a deposit and hold your spot on this trip, fill in your credit card details and billing address below. You will receive a receipt by email.
Tour Deposit: $300.00 per person
- 9 nights’ accommodation (double room occupancy)
- LED by photo journalist Ziyah Gafic and MEJDI Co-Founder Aziz Abu Sarah
- 10 days of private bus transportation, including private arrival and departure airport transfers
- 1 Domestic flight (Dubrovnik to Zagreb)
- Meals listed in the itinerary: 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 5 dinners
- Entrances, sites, and honorariums for speakers
- Customary tips for drivers, guides, and hotel staff (including porterage)
- Dedicated pre-trip customer service and on-ground support
Trip Does Not Include
- International airfare
- Travel insurance-HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Single room supplement - $1,600 Per person
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Anything not explicitly mentioned in the included section