Women of the Wall 30th Anniversary Tour of Israel
March 4 to March 13, 2019
Deadline to register December 19, 2018
Check out the Full Itinerary for this tour!
Our tour is open to men and women.
Women of the Wall’s central mission is to attain social and legal recognition of the right, as women, to wear prayer shawls, pray, and read from the Torah, collectively and aloud, at the Western Wall.
We work to further our mission through social advocacy, education and empowerment.
Join Women of the Wall for this special tour to Israel as we celebrate 30 years of activism while learning more about the complex narrative that exists in Israel and the importance of our mission.
Visit sites of significance and hear from key speakers in Tel Aviv, Haifa, Tzfat and Jerusalem with stops along the way. Visit Elijah’s Cave and the Bahai Gardens, savor art and learn from a Kabbalist. Then join with Women of the Wall for the 30th Anniversary Celebration and pre- and post-Shabbat festivities! The Anniversary prayer service and program commemorates WOW’s three decades as the leading voice for women’s rights in Israel, along with Rosh Hodesh Adar II and International Women’s Day.
Our Israel Tour will be co-led by Rabbi Pam Frydman of Congregation B’nai Emunah, Shifra Weiss-Penzias of Temple Beth El, and Rabbi Yocheved Mintz of Congregation P’nai Tikvah. Rabbi Susan Leider of Congregation Kol Shofar will join us in Jerusalem for the Women of the Wall’s 30th Anniversary Celebration.
Everyone is welcome to join us on this tour!
Our trip has been advertised by Congregation B’nai Emunah, San Francisco; Temple Beth El, Aptos; Congregation Emeth, Morgan Hill; Congregation Beth Jacob, Redwood City; Congregation Kol Shofar, San Rafael, Congregation P’nai Tikvah, Las Vegas; Chadeish Yameinu, Santa Cruz; Temple Beth Emet, Burbank; and Beth Chaim Congregation, Danville.
$2850 per person
Not ready to book quite yet? Want know more about the tour? We'll send the full itinerary and everything you need to know straight to your inbox.
- Women of the Wall registration fee
- 9 nights’ accommodation at the following hotels or similar 1(double occupancy): Olympia (Tel Aviv), Kfar Kinneret (Galilee), Shani Hotel (Jerusalem)
- 1 Israeli MEJDI-Trained Guide for 7 days
- 2 MEJDI-Trained Guides for Day 4
- 9 days of private bus transportation, including 1 group arrival and 1 departure airport transfers
- All meals are kosher and include 9 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 9 dinners
- Entrances, sites, and honorariums for speakers
- Women of the Wall Registration Fee
- Daily worship coordinated for those who wish (Including Shomer Shabbat Dovening options)
- Customary tips for drivers, guides, and hotel staff
Trip Does Not Include
- International airfare
- Travel insurance-highly recommended
- Supplemental cost for single room - $695
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Individual airport transfers outside of the group transfer
- Anything not explicitly mentioned in the included section