8-Day, 7-Night Jewish Heritage Tour to Macedonia
August 19 to August 26, 2018
Deadline to register March 27, 2018
Get off-the-beaten-track to explore the Romaniote and Sephardic Jewish heritage of Macedonia and discover the country’s rich history, natural beauty, ethnic diversity, and delectable food and wine.
We will join in a celebration of Jewish revivalism in the Balkans by spending Shabbat with the modern Jewish community of Skopje. We’ll be privileged to meet the Israeli Ambassador to Macedonia and be VIP guests of Sarah Aroeste for a unique Ladino concert reconnecting with her Macedonian roots.
We’ll stroll through Skopje’s Ottoman Old Town, see Mother Teresa’s birthplace, visit colorful mosques, find intricately designed iconostasis shrines and fresco reliefs at Macedonian Orthodox churches, marvel at the beauty of Pelister, Galichica, and Mavrovo National Parks, and appreciate the pristine waters of Lakes Prespa, Ohrid, and Debar.
*Registration and Final Payment Deadline subject to change
Book Now $2,695* per person
Make A Deposit
To make a deposit and hold your spot on this trip, fill in your credit card details and billing address below. You will receive a receipt by email.
Tour Deposit: $300.00 per person
- 7 nights’ accommodations based on double occupancy at the following hotels or similar: Holiday Inn (Skopja), Hotel Epinal (Bitola), Hotel City Palace (Ohrid), Hotel Bistra (Mavrova)
- English-speaking guide
- All transfers between cities with private transportation
- Entrance fees to churches and museums
- Meals as listed per itinerary
Trip Does Not Include
- Travel insurance-HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Airport transfers
- Single Supplement- $312
- Customary tips and gratuities
- Drinks with meals