From savoring the best sushi the world has to offer, to taking a step back in time during a traditional tea ceremony, a visit to Japan engages all senses. For over eight years Scott Cooper, co-owner and CEO of MEJDI Tours, has been traveling to Japan. He has built relationships across the country with Buddhist and Shinto Priests, a growing network of younger Japanese social entrepreneurs, dozens of local universities, and even the curator of TEDxKyoto. What does this mean for you? An opportunity to get off the beaten, often overcrowded path and create a positive impact as you enjoy Japan like a local!
A sample itinerary MEJDI Tour to Japan may include:
- Visiting the famous Golden Temple in Kyoto
- Getting your hands dirty with a younger generation of farmers who are leading a movement of sustainable agriculture
- Relaxing like Einstein at his favorite vacation spot, the majestic town of Hakone.
- Learning about Japanese diplomat Chiune Sugihara who saved thousands of Jews in Lithuania during the Holocaust
- Meditating with Zen Priests at a Buddhist Temple
- Hiking the scenic Japanese “Alps” at Kamikōchi
- Hand rolling sushi with ingredients from the Tsukiji Fish Market in Tokyo
The MEJDI Way: Like all MEJDI Tours, we localize your global travel to Japan by connecting your group to innovators, thought leaders and social change agents. Not only will you return home with great photos from iconic must-sees like The Golden Temple, you will also have new friends and renewed inspiration. Contact Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org to start planning your customized MEJDI Tour to Japan!