From the muses of Van Gogh and Cezanne to the grapes of Châteauneuf du Pape, a visit to the South of France engages all senses. For over two decades, Yuval Ben Ami, National Geographic Expert and MEJDI tour guide has been exploring the region in depth. He has studied the history, poetry, cinema, art and cuisine of the South of France. What does this mean for you? An opportunity to get off the beaten path and go beyond Paris and enjoy France like a local.
A MEJDI Tour to the South of France may include:
– Walking in the footsteps of Vincent Van Gogh and Paul Cezanne in St. Remy, Arles and Aix en Provence.
– Encountering French literary inspiration in the hometowns of Georges Bressens, Marcel Pagnol and Frederic Mistral in Sette and Aubagne.
– Feasting on traditional French cuisine in Aigue Mortesand, home of the grey salt and traditional Bouillabaisse workshop in Cassis. Drinking and touring the famed Chateauneuf du Pape winery.
– Enjoying music in Camargue and Sts. Marie de la Mer with Roma people and their culture.
– Discovering history in the Roman Temple and Arena in Nimes, Roman aqueduct of Pont du Gard and theancient city of Avignon.
– Hiking in nature in the valley of the Durance and the hillside villages of Luberon.
– Accessing French cinema’s best at Cannes Royal theatre and learning about it’s filmmakers from Jean Luc Godard to Omar Sy.
– Experiencing luxury and lifestyle on a yacht in Monaco, in Grass, historic centre of the perfume industry, Nice and its young fashion designers.
– Learning about France’s present and future in the multicultural city of Marseille’s including it’s hot spots and North African cuisine and culture.
Sample Itinerary 1: Art and Culture Experience in Provence and Languadoc
Sample Itinerary 2: Four Days in Provence
The MEJDI Way: Like all MEJDI Tours, we localize your global travel to France by connecting your group to key experts, leaders and artists. Not only will you return home with great photos from iconic must-sees like Pont du Gard and Avignon, you will also have immersed yourself in one of the richest cultures in the world.