Are you passionate about travel? Do you care deeply about service? Do you believe that tourism has the power to change the world? Founded on the belief that there is more in this world that connects us than divides us, MEJDI Tours is looking for dedicated staffers to strengthen its team.
Incoming Tour Operator Logistics Coordinator
Play a key role in the daily operations of our Jerusalem incoming group tours office. This would include all aspects of running a tour operator, most specifically scheduling and coordinating incoming tour groups, maintaining positive partner and vender relationships, customer service, basic finance, and contracts.
- Schedule and book all of the hotels, guides, sites, restaurants, speakers, and special events for our portfolio of tours
- Coordinate all aspects of these tours while in-country
- Assist with tour budget reconciliations and make payments to vendors and suppliers
- Prepare pre-trip and post trip suppliers and documentation for guides, travelers, and partners
- Join tours as a customer service representative
- Assist office manager with various tourism related tasks
- Fluency in English and Hebrew; Arabic knowledge is a plus
- Experience working in tourism industry; Tour operator coordination experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in working hours
- Bachelor degree in Tourism or Business Management
- Project management experience – particularly as it pertains to coordinating and booking incoming tours
- Financial experience including; bookkeeping, budgeting, and reconciliations
- Experience with different workflow programs, such as Dropbox, Filemaker (or other tourism databases), Google calendar, and Google docs
- Drivers license
How to Apply?
Send us your resume and a brief statement, (1) telling us why you’re passionate about this work and (2) why you’re the best candidate for this job.
Send all applications to email@example.com and please write the position you’re applying for in the subject line.
Business Development Manager
MEJDI Tours is seeking an outgoing, self-motivated travel sales professional to grow our educational travel segment, including but not limited to accounts with study abroad programs and alumni associations. We are looking for individuals who love the MEJDI positive and purposeful approach to travel. (To learn more about us, see our TED Talk “For more tolerance…we need more, tourism?”). This is a unique hybrid role, that is part business development, and part travel planning. The ideal candidate should be excited by the challenge of sales, networking, and building relationships with organizations, and have experience planning trips for individuals and groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek out and research opportunities in the education realm to develop travel programs in coordination with schools, universities, and alumni associations.
- Effectively manage leads using consultative selling skills from beginning to end.
- Be the face of MEJDI Tours at trade fairs, conferences, meetings with potential clients, etc.
- Build tailored group travel itineraries based on needs of client.
- Ability to work or meet in Wellington FL for team meetings a few times per year, but mostly telecommuting/ working from home
Skills and Experience
- Background in travel sales or established network of relevant contacts (educators, study abroad connections, alumni connections)
- Working knowledge of the geography, sites, and activities in our destinations, particularly Israel & Palestine (Holy Land) and Ireland & N. Ireland is a plus. Visit www.mejditours.com to see where we travel.
- A passion for travel and social change
- A deep and demonstrated commitment to do what’s best for the client
- Outgoing personality with expertise in initiating and maintaining relationships
- Excellent communicator and superb listener with strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Basic budgeting
- Fluent in English
- Industry leading commission plan
- Great benefit plan (Health, Retirement, and FREE TRAVEL)
- Monthly Car and cell phone allowance
- Location: Flexible
How to Apply?
Please email your resume and a short statement on why this is a good fit for you to Kelly Predmesky at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Jerusalem & Wellington, FL (click for details)
MEJDI accepts interns on a rolling basis. Read more about the dynamic program and wide variety of opportunities available!